Thursday, January 22, 2015

Buford Cabrera by Kristin


Buford has been at the same Red Bank stand for 15 years.
“I’ve only missed four or five days out of my 15 year. My son got married one of those and I was sick the other days.” He quickly became a fixture in Red Bank and has built up a group of regulars who visit him weekly. He doesn't know many of them by name, but he recognizes their automobiles and faces instantly and he loves interacting with pets that are with their owners in the car. His all-time sales record was 200 papers in one day and 46 papers in a single hour.            
     Cabrera began selling newspapers in 1999, he saw an advertisement for the job and decided that he needed some additional income to supplement his part-time career as the dairy manager at Bi-Lo."I never sold papers when I was was young. I waited until I retired to become a newspaper man," Cabrera said.

Source:
www.timesfreepress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment