Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Officer Robards by Jeb

image.jpg
Protecting the school and its students; that's what the School Resource Officer (SRO) does everyday.  Our SRO’s name is Deputy Robards. He has been on the force for 6 years, but he has been an SRO since the beginning of this school year. Down below is the interview I conducted with Officer Robards.   

      
 
Q&A with Officer Robards
 
Q.What made you want to be a police officer?
  1. I have wanted to become a police officer ever since I  was little. I have always wanted to help people. I’m also the type of person that likes every day to be a different day instead of going in to my job knowing exactly what’s going to happen.
Q.When did you start and what was your first police officer status?
  1. I started in a jail on March 2, 2009. I was a Correctional Officer (you have be certified to do this job).
Q.What was your first case about? Was it difficult?
  1. The first case I had was a simple case. There was property damage to a house because a neighbor was mowing the lawn and rocks were thrown around.
Q.Why did you become a SRO?
  1. Its harder to get adults out of a habit than children. I found out while doing patrol that its easier to make an impact on the younger group of people.
Q.What is your daily routine as a SRO?
  1. First, I walk the halls to make sure everyone gets to their classes. Then I’ll go to the C.D.C classes and get 2 students to put up the American flag. Then when Directed Studies comes around, I try to do 2 or more prestations in different classes.  Currently, the presentations are on lockdowns and lockouts, intruder alerts, and active shooters.
Q.What is your favorite/least favorite thing to do as a SRO?
  1. My favorite thing to do is socialize with students. My least favorite thing is getting up at 5:00 am.
Q.What is your plan for this school as a SRO?

  1. My plan is overall safety for the students and the school. I want to influence all the kids in a postive way. I want to let them know how to interact with law enforcement,  and that they should not be intimidated by the police. I want to help with daily success in school. I want to let them know that this is a safe atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment